Sunday, November 2, 2008

another month older

You are 4 months old...today. I finally remembered on the actual day. Last night I told Daddy that it was your 4 month birthday today. He said no, your birthday is in July. I then changed it to your 4 month anniversary. He rolled his eyes. I think it reminded him of when we first started dating and we made a big deal of every month that we were together. And when I say we made a big deal of every month, I really mean that Mommy made a big deal. But don't let Daddy fool you. He's a romantic at heart.

Well, Mommy is still going to make a big deal.

You are growing so fast! Everyday you discover something new. You have started to focus in on things. You concentrate so hard, and then try to get whatever it is into your mouth. It doesn't matter if it is your teething ring, the spinny ball on play yard or grandpa's watch. Everything goes into your mouth. Sometimes when you are sucking on your fingers you start to cough. That's when I say - too far! - you stick your fingers in too deep. I have pulled them out a few times, but I figure you're not going to learn if I keep doing that.

You've got a bit of a mohawk going on. The sides of your hair are pretty sparse, but the hair on the top is getting long. Your hair is so light that you can't really notice it...but it's pretty cute.


You've always loved your changing pad, but now you love to hold your feet while you are on it. You are so wiggly trying to get your feet and thumping your legs that it's hard to get you dressed. If you are not grabbing your feet, you get a hold of a shirtsleeve and try to stuff it into your mouth. It doesn't have to be your shirt either.


You were baptized this month, which was a very special day. You did so well and Daddy and I were so proud of you. Everyone said how handsome and grown up you looked in your vest.


You LOVE to play. In your play yard, on the mat, with your puppy or with people....you love it all. You love it when Daddy comes home. He can't wait to get his hands on you. I know what Daddy has in mind when he asks when the last time you ate was. You both love it when he lifts you into the air. You just squeal at him. I love the delight on your faces.


It's amazing how sturdy you've gotten on your feet. Only a few weeks ago you couldn't handle your play yard. Your feet couldn't touch well and you had a hard time stabilizing your body. Now you can sit up and touch the bottom and reach out to grab toys. You are so strong.

Did I mention that everything goes in your mouth?


You had your first Halloween, which I know was more fun for me than you. It was fun to go out into the leaves and take pictures and sit you up by your pumpkin. Grammum and I sat you up on the step and you could stay. A month ago you would have slumped over.


When you lay on your back you are usually trying to sit up. It made it hard for Grammum and I to get a picture of your feet. Most days you are not a little monster. :)


We snagged a family picture on Halloween. You've grown up so much since our last one this summer and I know it's crazy and I can't believe I forgot, but we didn't get one of the 3 of us when you were baptized. Oops!


What I thought was just a fluke of you rolling over has happened a few more times. It happens when you are on your play mat and you want something that is just out of your reach. I was finally able to see it! I was very excited. You are still unsure of what you should do when you get there, but you've rolled. The doctor told me that once you roll one way, you can roll the other, but I'm not sure. That might take a bit longer. For now you just cry until I flip you back.


I can't belive how fast you are growing! Daddy and I love watching you learn new things and squeal with delight. We love you Thumper, can't wait to see how you grow next month.

[Thupmer is what Daddy has been calling you because you keep thumping your legs. I've been calling you my Buggy Bear. We'll see if any of them stick. :) ]

1 comment:

Kaily Genzink said...

he is getting so big!!! and he is soooo cute! full of smiles!! :)