
As I was cleaning above the fridge this evening at 10:30, I was craving Coke. So I had some. Usually I am not 'allowed' to have caffeine after 6pm. When I can't sleep, I tend to talk Mark's ear off and keep him awake to keep me company. Anyway, it hit me. I have a problem. I had my own little intervention.
While I was pregnant, I was so careful about my caffeine intake. Now that the little guy is here...I've become more lax. Especially in the last few days. I don't drink coffee and have been supplementing with Coke to keep me awake.
Tonight as I could not fall asleep, I told Mark that I was going to quit cold turkey on Monday. He talked me out of it. Not out of quitting caffeine, he just thought I should take it a bit slower. So, I am going to start weaning myself off starting Monday. Mark came up with a 2 week plan. :)
As to why I was cleaning above the fridge on a Saturday night...I don't know. I think it's the whole 'nesting' thing happening a bit late. I cleaned things out while I was pregnant - but not like I have been wanting to lately. I am loving the Mr. Clean scrubber. That thing is amazing.
The funny thing is - we tore off the paneling in the dining room. I've been patching & sanding, so there seems to be a fine dust on everything. My cleaning seems to be in vain. We were planning on starting with the bathroom for the kick-off of our household projects, but Eddie was really curious about what was behind the paneling. I pulled it back so he could see. Mark got excited for the demo when he got home. I'm going to blame Eddie for the change in plans. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment