Monday, October 27, 2008

Boys Night & a Super Hero

Friday night was a boys night. I left for a craft night as bath time was getting underway.


It was at a friend from church's home and ended up being 4 mommies who have had babies in the last 5 months. We joked that apparently we all really needed to get out. I brought Eddie's baby book to work on. I took it out when I arrived and put it back before I left. I didn't touch it in between.

We talked and laughed and were able to relate to what the others were going through. It was so much fun! I learned that I am not the only one who fears she is going bald. Now I have the comfort that if I do lose all my hair, I will not be alone on Sundays.

Saturday morning we were rained out. The plan was to go and get a pumpkin for Eddie. Instead we went to use our new membership at Costco. We picked up cakes for baptism tomorrow and walked the aisles to see what products we would be able to save money on. We scrutinized every item before we put it in our cart to make sure it was a 'good buy'. We were quite proud of ourselves until we got home. The great deal we thought we got on cheese turned out to be our most expensive purchase. Instead of costing $6.50 like we both believed, we paid $22 for a block of cheese! Wow. We didn't catch the mistake until it was too late. We've learned our lesson and got a good laugh out of it, but I sure hope that cheese is good!


With the weather not letting up and Mark convincing me that Eddie will not remember it if we have a fun outing to get a pumpkin anyway - we bought one at the grocery store. Instead of carving it or painting it...we turned it into a super hero. It was the first time I've used a stapler to decorate a pumpkin.

1 comment:

Tripp said...

I like the superhero pumpkin!