Saturday, September 27, 2008

Garage sale, secrets and stories.


This morning we got up and going bright and early. Aunt Julie told Mommy about a garage sale that was going to have toys. It was by my grandpa & grandma's house, so we headed over early. As we drove down the street, Aunt Julie waved us down. She and Grammy were already at the sale. Aunt Julie met us at the car - Grammy had already bought the fun toy to climb on, good thing too, 2 other ladies wanted to buy it after Grammy got it! Yea Grammy! I'm so excited! I tested out the slide before Grammy & Aunt Julie carried it home.


Mommy and I went to Daddy's tennis tournament. It was a beautiful morning, I was trying to tell everyone that I had arrived, but mommy said I had to stay quiet. Crying and tennis don't mix.

Daddy coaching.

Talking with Grammy.

Daddy - I can't see! The sun is in my eyes!

Mommy says that she can't keep things from Daddy. He can read secrets on her face. She has a hard time surprising him because of this. There is one thing that she told him that he didn't guess & looking back, she should have kept to herself. Daddy played tennis in high school. Mommy & Miss Jami used to go and watch. It was sunny, so they would wear sunglasses. This isn't a big deal, except that mommy told daddy that when they had their sun glasses on, they kept their heads facing the right direction, but were not paying super close attention to the game. They sat and talked & mommy waved when she thought she should. This would explain why she doesn't know lots about tennis....she is working on it.

Daddy has not let mommy forget this. He gives her a hard time about, and probably always will. He has also told lots of students...so it's not even a little bit of a secret anymore.

Here is mommy and her partner in crime, back in the day. With their stylish sunglasses.


This evening Aunt Emily & Maddie came over. I told Auntie Em lots of stories. Grandpa says that he is not surprised at my love of talking. With my mommy & daddy, the odds of being a big talker were huge.


Maddie likes my play mat too.

What a fun day.

3 comments:

The O'Connor Family said...

Too fun!! So you probably can't wear sunglasses when you go watch matches now?! I still have some of those pictures too..those were some good times. :)

Tripp said...

Love the pic of you and Jamie. Too funny!

Deb said...

Jen that's hilarious about the sunglasses and tennis! I always thought those bleachers were way too uncomfortable anyway. Way to go on the garage sale!