
Eddie has fought sleep since he was born. He doesn't want to miss anything. He is always looking around. While he fights it, I was thinking we were finally getting a schedule. He tends to wake up twice at night, nap in the morning, he's basically awake in the afternoon and snoozes on and off until bed time.
Yesterday we ventured to Unity to meet the office ladies. I had thought that if we went in the morning, when he usually sleeps, he would sleep through the entire outing. Because we were almost to the mall, I thought we could stop & make a couple of exchanges.
Usually he sleeps in the car. Can't hardly keep his eyes open. Yesterday all the usually's were thrown out the window.
He was awake most of the morning...even in the car. He did not like the mall or his stroller & Mark ended up bouncing him while I took care of business. I assumed that he would sleep all afternoon. Again I was wrong. My sister came over & Eddie took his only nap that lasted more than a few minutes, sleeping on her.

He woke up when she went home. He was awake for dinner & until Mark went to his meeting. Finally he conked out while I was holding him. I laid him in his swing & he slept. And slept. He slept though his next 'scheduled' feeding. He woke up around midnight to eat. We went the rest of the night with him waking to eat & then go back to sleep. He basically went 8:30pm to 8am only waking to eat.
I went to work today figuring that he would be awake all day and have a good 'boys' day with Mark....again...Mommy doesn't know what she's talking about. Eddie ate every few hours...and slept.
I am slightly worried about tonight & how much he will actually sleep. Actually how much sleep that Mark & I will get. I think he's working hard & growing and I got a good lesson in - whatever schedules that I may think I have...Eddie is in charge. :)

1 comment:
I know EXACTLY what you are dealing with- I think they are much smarter than we know and do this occasionally to keep us on our toes lol :) Mikail still does this every now and then...oh well.
Post a Comment