
After a night of no sleep I was searching for a book on sleep. We have 'Sleep, the easy way to a peaceful night' out from the library right now. According to this book, I am doing it all wrong. (I do think I must be doing something right because he is usually a happy guy.) I let Eddie sleep where he falls asleep and I don't put him into his crib during the day. This book seems to make sense...so I'm going to give it a whirl. I have spent my day looking for the sleepy cues and trying to get him to sleep in his bed. Eddie is currently sleeping in his crib.
While I know things do not change in a day, I am hoping for a more restful night tonight.
I have found good reviews on 'The No-Cry Sleep Solution' and might read that too - but if anyone has advice - I am open to it! :)
2 comments:
Hey Jen - I have read a few good books on sleeping for kids... My favorite one is "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" By Dr. Marc Weissbluth - He is a pediatrician out of Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago and the founder of the Sleep Disorders Center there. It is a pretty big book, but you can skim it pretty easily and get the basic idea... It is also broken up by age groups so that is really nice too. A few other good books that I read before Jonathan was born were "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" By Tracy Hogg and "Babywise" by Ezzo and Bucknam. They have sleeping tips in them plus talk about naptime, feeding, awake time, etc... I love your little Hoppediz wrap!!! Hoping for a more restful night for you!
The No Cry Sleep solution worked wonders for James. I've got a copy of it....somewhere...if you're interested :) I've heard good things about the "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" one from some of the moms in my MOPS group as well.
Post a Comment