Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One and Six

Saturday was a big day for us. Eddie turned one month old and Mark & I had our sixth wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that just a month ago Eddie joined our family.

He is such a blessing and we love him so much. He's a little honey. Everyday he changes and grows up a little. I love that he snorts when he cries and he is starting to lose the hair on the top of his head. I wonder what color it will be when it grows back....blond like mommy's or dark like daddy's. He likes to lay on daddy's legs while daddy makes faces at him.



(this is the - no more pictures look)

While Eddie joined us this year, it was six years ago that our family started and Mark & I said 'I do'. It has gone so quickly & been so much fun. For our anniversary, Mark took me away for the evening. I spent most of the morning gathering the things that Eddie would need for his sleepover at my parents' house. I knew we were leaving him in good hands - but he's my baby & hard to leave. I am glad that we got away, we had a great time. Mark got a full night's sleep and said that he slept like the Nyquil commercial advertises 'sleep like you did before you had kids'.

A look back at our big day.




Sunday we went to get our baby & celebrated my birthday with my family. Eddie's first sleepover went great. While I missed Eddie & thought about him often, (I did only call once - so I think I did quite well) Eddie had fun & was a good little boy at grandpa & grandma's.

Emily got me the soundtrack to Mama Mia for my birthday - hopefully now I can learn all the words to the songs instead of singing the 4 that I do know over and over. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy one month bday to Eddie and happy 6 years to you guys! Great wedding photos. I'm impressed you left him overnight at one month old, I had a hard time at 3 months. I'm sure you enjoyed it. You need to do that every once in awhile, and one phone call is impressive too! :)

Tripp said...

Happy Anniversary (belated)! I am proud of you for leaving the little man overnight already.